We are looking for a full-time BVLOS Remote Pilot to join our Sky Futures business.
Sky-Futures has been building its Beyond Visual Line of Sight (BVLOS) strategy and capability for over 2 years and are now in a position to launch it to the commercial market. In-house, we have significant BVLOS expertise and experience, however are looking to add to that with an additional BVLOS Remote Pilot (RP).
This is a really exciting new role in one of the world’s best known and established drone service providers. The BVLOS RP role offers someone the chance to come in to Sky-Futures and help establish a new service for us and our customers. Come and help Sky-Futures build a world leading BVLOS managed service.
The role reports to the Sky-Futures Training and Operational Standards Manager (TOSM) and will be based at our office in Moreton-in-Marsh, Oxfordshire. As well as pilot duties you will also work closely with the TOSM, BVLOS Project Co-ordinator and Sales team to support the development of this new business line. One of your first roles will be supporting the creation and implementation of new BVLOS processes and procedures.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Working with customers all over the world
- Client liaison to support the integration of this new service
- National Aviation Authority (the regulator) liaison
- Safety case input and development
- Project planning and execution
- Document writing, control and management
- Drone equipment management, monitoring and tracking
The successful applicant will have the following:
- Previous fixed wing BVLOS experience including time spent as an RP inside a GCS equipped with an artificial horizon
- Minimum of 100 logged fixed wing BVLOS hours as pilot-in-command (PIC) with a fixed wing drone (>20 Kg MTOW)
- Ability to travel, sometimes at short notice
- Happy to be deployed remotely for up to 4-weeks at a time
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with commercial or military drone operations, vehicle and sensor assembly, telemetry radios, R/C transmitters, video downlinks, or general drone field troubleshooting
- Flexible, dynamic and able to adapt quickly to ever changing requirements in an operational environment
- Excellent organisational and communication skills, with a high attention to detail
- A valid driving license
- Permission to live and work in UK
The followings skills are desired but not essential:
- Experience with drone operations as PIC or sensor operator
- Direct commercial flight operations experience e.g. PPL
- Experience of being deployed to foreign countries and remote locations
- Working in a small team out of a vehicle
- Previous operational experience with BVLOS operations for long linear structures, wide area surveys and government/military applications
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying for the role please send your CV and a covering letter to the HR Department at HRSupport@icr-world.com.
If you have any queries or require further information, please get in contact on the above email address.